Sunday, October 5, 2008

Grandparents visit from Michigan

Grandma and grandpa are here and staying very busy. I took them to school the other day, as well as to Bucklands Beach (east coast) and Piha beach (west coast). Grandma keeps saying that "Piha is the most incredible beach I have ever been to in my entire life!" I think she liked it. We will try and get to Karekare beach tomorrow as the BIG storm rolls in...that is the beach where "The Piano" was filmed, and it is extremely beautiful.

Piha during a storm


Piha on a nice day

Since arriving in New Zealand, grandma and grandpa have brought LOTS of gifts for Talor, Layla, Shell and me. My mom has been so nice, in fact, that she has given me a cold from the states as well. Mom has just slapped my head as I read this last line out loud to her.




This is our first attempt at loading video onto this blog. We went to the Auckland Zoo with Talor, Layla, grandma and grandpa. We spent around five hours or so there, and saw LOTS of animals...some of the animals even came out of their cages to see us. The video shows the elephants, Kashin and Burma, walking out of the trees and down the path right in front of us. It was very cool.










Grandma and grandpa have continued to grow on the kids. Last night they read quite a few stories to Talor before bed. That continued today before Talor's nap. They have also been on many walks across the road to the playground (outside park as Talor calls it) and to the dairy to buy a chocolate treat. Talor and Layla are both loving to have them around...as are we.




The weather has turned AWFUL! It is supposed to rain the rest of the week...not good, but we'll still have fun. We have pictures scheduled for Wednesday, and of course lots of good eating as well.




No comments: